The Cairns® New Yorker™ is the original handcrafted leather helmet. The New Yorker meets current OSHA requirements and the demands of today's firefighters. Retains and evolves the high quality and appearance that generations of firefighters have trusted and depended on since 1836. Each New Yorker helmet is individually crafted, shaped, stitched, and trimmed by hand, and still includes a durable leather shell designed to last for years with minimum maintenance. Leather forever!
- 6-inch carved brass eagle holder
- Durable leather shell for maximum life with minimum maintenance
- Non-corroding high-temperature glass-filled faceshield/goggle hardware
- Engineered impact cap provides advanced thermal/impact/penetration protection
- Soft black Nomex chinstrap features one-hand quick-release buckle and postman slide for quick removal and adjustment
- Nomex earlap for increased neck/ear coverage and protection
- Removable flannel or leather cushion liners for washing and upgrading